Boards & Commissions Calendar
Click here for an application form.
Meets as needed. Hearings are primarily Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm and are held as requested. Hearings are closed.
For the most current information regarding meeting dates and times, click on the Boards & Commissions Calendar button.
The Independent Review Board (IRB) is designed to assist the Chief of Police in the deliberative process in determining an appropriate level of discipline for instances of sustained misconduct by subject matters. The IRB may also review events that draw significant Community interest.
The IRB panel consists of four (4) civilian members, two (2) peers, one (1) lieutenant and one (1) Captain/Commander.
The IRB process, although significantly supported by the Aurora Police Department, is a function of the Internal Services Department under the control of the Director of Internal Services for his/her designee.
* Must be an Aurora resident and registered voter.
* Must be able to meet several times each year during the business day/occasional evening
* Must have a desire to participate in assisting the City of Aurora in its civic duties.
* Previous municipal, board or commission experience helpful but not required.
*Knowledge of Police policies and procedures helpful but not required.
* Citizen board members must be able to complete a series of training sessions to become qualified as an independent Review Board member.
* Citizens who have completed the Aurora Citizens Police Academy may have the option to forgo some of the training. Citizens who do not, are encouraged to complete the academy.
Number of members: 21
Term: 3 years
- Shari Franklin
- Dan Quillen
- Pat Sylvester